Pleased to see you on my blog. Cheers.......

I personally feel that everyone in this world store and nurture an internal treasure of knowledge and experiences, that forms the base for his character, behavior and personality. This rare treasure is generally not shared as this makes him vulnerable, But here is mine.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

How to blame it


I chose not to speak this subject in person. I called her over phone at around 11:00PM, the usual time, "Anita, I thought of getting married. What do u say?" Anita was my girl friend for around 2 years then, (the longest tenure of any of my girl friends with me.) She is a journalist in Hindustan times, 3 months elder than me, one of the most beautiful and smartest girls from a conservative joint family in Lucknow."What?" this was her response. "No no no, I'm not ready. I have just told my mother about us. Yet to discuss with father and all. and my sister....." She gave a pause and asked again "wait wait wait, Are you mentioning about we getting married... or u getting married?"ha ha ha..... " I said, " I have decided to get married...... It can be with u if u r ready." She fired back in a serious tone "does that mean that.., r u going to marry somebodyelse, If I say I'm not ready now? Razigan, U cannot do this.... can U"
These are pretty straight forward questions and I'm not prepared for that. I got to explain the corollary of Einstein's relativity theory, that I discovered, the previous night. That will explain my current stand, - If every beautiful looking woman has the same influence on me, then why shouldn’t I consciously select one, rather than emotionally fall in love with someone (like anita).
"Anita, I know, You love me from the bottom of your hearts and I also feel the same. But you need to understand love (energy) is a linear function of distance, time,and Mass and can be expressed as d(LOVE) = m/C2dx .. and.."She retaliated, "Hei, hei don't bring ur ghatiya physics fundu and analogies here. I'm serious" I continued, "U please listen first naaa. OK u just answer this- Longer the time we spend together, Stronger our love develops, Yes or NO?"..mmmhh.....Yes..... so what?""Ok, that explains the dx. Shorter the distance between u and me, Stronger our love develops, Yes or No?""No...... This only develops lust." I argued, "Then Why don't U love a person from Europe? There are more smarter men romancing better than me. Shorter distance means that the level of contact between us, may be physical, or by mail or by phone.""Okay...""That explains the Csquared. say Yes or No...?"She said "Yes...., But how does Mass going to help in Love?""Yeah, It's a good question. I'm really gifted to have such a wise girlfriend." She blushed, (I could sense through phone..). I continued," See I have used "m" in the equation for simplicity. 'm' here actually means the personality strength. Like, m for an ugly foolish lady will tend to zero and for a girl like u, it is infinity."She enquired "So u mean to say that, the love, the feelings and the emotions between U and me are purely a kind of..., a kind of one of those mechanical concept in physics?"Not exactly yes but it is scientific. I have tested this concept. And my experiments give 100% evidence to d(love) = m/c2dx. Do u think God has specially designed and engineered Razigan for Anita?She paused.. and asked "..So...."Slowly, I pushed the words from my mouth, "See, I mean to say that, U need not be... be...., see.. Whatever happened between us are natural, a kind of natural phenomena. But at some times in our life, we need not have to take decisions based on these short term natural phenomena which might impact our life in long term." I somehow finished completing the sentence.She instantly replied, "So..., U have a wasted lot of time deriving an idiotic senseless equation, and also wasted lot of my time, for what? Just to convey that, that U r afraid about ur hair falling. U might get bald and nobody will marry u. May be even me. So U need to get married immediately and U r trying to find other solutions as I'm not ready now"Oh, This time she is really smart. Sometimes, it really hits ur ego, to have smarter girls around.I didn't reply anything. Actually i didn't have anything to reply. She continued, "Razigan, U need to understand......., Don't make me to breakdown...., Even when u were explaining this rubbish physics, I could feel waves of romance and love flowing between us. I don't think, I can ever imagine a life without u. My sister will get married in a year or two. Then, we will get married and Mind it...., - Don't worry about falling hairs and all. There's lot of stuff in u that will simply overshadow ur baldness........" at last, She finished by saying, "I'm there for U ever. I love u my dear"But my mom diligently tried to follow my plan. It was March I week, and 6 months was the target. I just recieved 10 photographs by july, but nobody was meeting my specifications. My specifications were relatively very simple. I had told my mom, "I cannot spend my life with a dumb girl. She need to be intelligent, some thing like a graduate with 90% score in 12th std, but a homely... nice girl".(I told them to narrow down as much as possible before I see in person as I felt it is a sin to reject a girl.) It was a tiring drive for rest of them in the car. I was still in the excited state. The car finally stopped at a lonely single floor house somewhere 200 meters away from the Cuddalore sea beach. I was thinking, Why the hell should my dad carry me all the way to this networkless remote place on the pretext of showing me my wouldbe wife?. Her name was shanti. Father of Shanti invited us in. He started discussing about raagu's long term influence at mahadhisa in both of our life at the same time. There were only four of them - Her father, her mother, her brother and the father's daughter shanti.Already 1 hour has passed, and these oldies are seriously contemplating on a subject where I don't understand even a single word. Astami....lagnam.......bhudhan....etc. etc... He mentioned that he strongly go by the astrological views, and a proper pariharam should be the first step to proceed with this alliance. "Is he going to show me his daughter or not" I was thinking in my mind. They almost wound up, just when her father called for her daughter uttering, "In case the pandits find some suitable pariharam, We might proceed further." She appeared in a neat light blue chudithar, good looking as she was in the photograph, wished my parents, sparkled a smile on me, and went back. We set out of the place. My mom passed on Shanti's academic information to me, that she tapped in between the raaghu's 7th place discussion. Shanti is an average student and have a just pass in 12th std. We were having tea in a roadside outlet on the way back. I noticed a book on the nearby book shop, titled, "Ore varathil Arivom Jothidam and jathagam" (Learn Astrology and Horoscope in a Week). I finished the book in the four hour travel in the car.I asked my dad, after we reached home. "What is this dad, we didn't come at a decision after taking so much of pain. Even the girl doesn't seem to be an intelligent one....". My dad told that, marraige is not that easy. I replied, "come'n Dad, I accept marraige is difficult. But fixing a bride should not be difficult," ("That too for high profile Razigan", I thought in mind.). "Dad the problem is lying in the approach. We are just banking on some matrimonial magazines and that is all. We should sought out for a more professional approach. Population of our state is 5 crore, Can't we swiftly find a single lady suitable for my wife?My dad defended, "Don't look at the 5 Crore figure. Look at the number of girls eligible to marry you."Without understanding the consequence, I set out for an arguement in Madhavan's Alaipayuthe style. "Out of 5 Crores, 2.5 crores are ladies." I asked my dad back, how many will come under the castes that we are looking for. He answered, there are more than 300 castes in our state. he estimated around 2%. I said, "even that comes to 5 lakh ladies. After putting the age factor - Ladies between 20 to 24, (I was 25 then). It comes to approximately around 6% of the ladies population i.e., 30 thousand. I mean to say 30000 eligible girls in our caste in Tamilnadu."He again defended, "as per horoscope, out of 27 nakshatras, u can marry ladies from only 3 nakshatras. That reduces ur figure to 3500 odd ladies."I replied, even 3500 is a good number of ladies to pick one. He further defended, "From the above u atleast reduce 40% as already married or decided not to marry now. U should also reduce another 30% from the remaining who are either very poor or very rich, to whom we cannot approach. This brings down ur hope to 1500."I sighed..., "1500 in total TN. Ok I agree it's difficult..."My dad continued, "U just cannot get away like this my dear son. Now apply your criterias. U only wanted graduates with 90% score in 12th standard na. Now listen, only 65% of the population are literate and 70% of them passes 12th std in a year and a maximum of 1% take score around 90%. This reduces ur eligible life partners to only 10 odd ladies in total tamilnadu. ""Oh, " Shit, I spelt the word loudly in my mind. "Dad, just 10 ladies in all over tamilnadu",My dad gave a teasing smile and started to leave. Suddenly he turned back and said, "R...., U need to minus your sisters / cousin who fall under the above categories. You can not marry them." He listed 4 of them in that category leaving only... only 6. I have always appreciated my dad's intelligence but this time it is absolutely unwanted. He destroyed the "Razigan" factor in me.I optimistically replied, "Dad, I will launch a advanced bride hunting programme and will spot a beauty out of the 6." (I was just bluffing. But internally thinking "There must be some logical mistake in out calculation". But I couldn't find one).He replied thoughtfully, "Good luck my dear son, but u should also use some practical probability here. U have rejected 2 crore 49 lakh 99 thousand, 9 hundred and 94 girls for your marriage just in a 5 minutes chat. (Did I, I was wondering....), It comes around 0.00004% probability. The same applies to those girls also.You should be 1 of the 0.00004% for atleast any one of the 6 girls."I thought I might not get married at all. I should reconsider the "choosing one" funda. I got engaged to Anjana on september. She was slightly above 70% in 12th std, and a B.com III yr student. I always tried myself not to compare Anita and Anjana but it invariably happens. It can be explained as simple as that "If anjana is a Rasagulla, anita is a gulab jamun". But all these sweets come with an expiry date and a saturation limit. If u really want to enjoy these sweets for a long term, U need to keep them in a deep freezer always and factor the breaks of saturation while consumption.

The above narration is a flashback, when one of my unmarried collegue remarked to one of my ordinary questions, "Yaar, there is no thrill in arranged marraige at all as the bride is readily available........"

Urz luv"ly,
Razigan

No comments: